You are here
Suspect in Jenice death released
Police have released the female suspect detained in connection with the death of Jenice Figaro.
She was detained by the Gasparillo police last Wednesday as they awaited instructions from the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP). She was released on Friday pending further investigations.
Now Jenice’s dad, Robert Figaro, said he has lost all faith in the system.
“I’ve lost it. I don’t know what to think, to do anymore.” He said when he heard the police had picked up the woman, he felt he was finally going to get justice for his child, although what ever penalty is imposed cannot bring her back.
“But when the police told me they released her the next day, Friday, I broke down. They said they need more information.”
He said after one month of investigations, he thought the police had a solid case and was disappointed by the turn of events.
Jenice died at the San Fernando General Hospital on the night of November 24. She was taken to the hospital by ambulance after she fell ill while eating a meal of french fries.
An autopsy performed at the Forensic Science Centre four days later revealed she was beaten to death.
Jenice was the only child for her father. She had been living with him since she was 10-months old, as her mother , Shana Charles, was unable to provide for her.
User comments posted on this website are the sole views and opinions of the comment writer and are not representative of Guardian Media Limited or its staff.
Guardian Media Limited accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for user comments.
Guardian Media Limited reserves the right to remove, to edit or to censor any comments.
Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites or repeats previous comments will be removed.
User profiles registered through fake social media accounts may be deleted without notice.