You are here

2,000 emergency calls received

Published: 
Tuesday, October 24, 2017

After seven days since adverse flooding throughout several communities in Central, North and South Trinidad, landslides and fallen power lines, the Office of Disaster Preparedness and Management (ODPM) says it has so far received just under 2,000 reports of affected people.

In a release yesterday, the ODPM said regional co-ordinators took the reports from six regional corporations’ disaster management units. The regional corporations included: Penal/Debe, Siparia, Mayaro/Rio Claro, Sangre Grande, Couva/Tabaquite/Talparo and Princes Town.

The T&T Defence Force teams have also been deployed to do Damage And Needs Assessments (DANA) in the affected communities.

According to the ODPM, the following activities have been recorded in impacted regional corporations:

Penal/Debe Regional Corporation: 265 reports received.

Siparia RC: 250 reports.

Mayaro/Rio Claro RC: 800 reports.

Sangre Grande RC: 76 reports.

Couva/Tabaquite/Talparo RC: 248 reports.

Princes Town RC: 350 reports.